Sunday, June 22, 2014

C4Tp (Permanent) #2

The first post that I had read for this C4Tp was Silvia Tolisano's Blogging as a Curation Platform. She talks about ho curation is more than just collecting and having information. You have to actually collect it, organize it, comment on it and present it. You should not simply just copy and paste complete articles when you are looking for information, you should only take little quotes from it. If you are making a blog and are using information from others, it would be better to have little quotes from different sites instead of having huge quotes from them. She also has certain curators for specific topics that she searches for because they are the ones that have the best information for what she is looking for. When you are searching for specific information you want to make sure that you get the information form somewhere that has the right thing you are looking for. If you use false information then it will not be a good thing for you.


blogging as curation

The other blog that I read was Silvia Tolisano's Copyright Flowchart: Can you Use It? As a future educator copyrighting is something important that I will need to have some type of understanding. This blog post has a flowchart that did a really good job of explaining copyright. I have always had a hard time understanding copyright but this chart really helped clear some things up for me. I am definitely going to keep this post saved as a bookmark on my computer so that later on when I need help with it, I can go back to it. This is a great source for other teachers and students to use in the classroom.

copyright

No comments:

Post a Comment