Saturday, June 21, 2014

C4Ta Post #2

The first post that I read for the last couple of C4Ta assignment is Becky Goerend's More Homework Meme #morehomework. In this blog post she answers different questions from her brother and
I could relate to one of her answers. When she was applying to school she could not decide between majoring in Marketing or Elementary Education. She made the decision to go with Elementary Education and her life hasn't been the same since. When I first started school I was also deciding between two different majors, Physical Therapy and Education. At first I was not sure if I wanted to do Secondary or Elementary Education, but after taking a couple classes for Secondary math I realized that I would rather work with younger students than older students. Since I have decided to major in Elementary Education I have been so proud that I chose it and cannot wait to have my own classroom.

The second post that I read for the C4Ta assignment is Becky Goerend's Always on the Clock. In this post she talks about how the title of being a teacher does not end when you leave the school at the end of the day, you will always be a teacher to students that you have had in the past and present. She talks about how one Saturday morning she ran into about four or five different students in public. When one of your students see you in public they know you as their teacher and address you as what they call you in the classroom. What I take from this post is that you are constantly a role model for students. Students look up to their teacher as an example and that will follow you outside of the classroom.


Clocking in

1 comment: