Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Blog Post #1

I have heard some bad things about EDM310. Last semester I had a couple classes with people who were in EDM310 and they said it was alot of work and it took more time than usual classes do. I am, however, happy it is more hands on type things, like posting and talking to others, instead of sitting there with notes in your hand trying to remember all of the material. I am one of those type of students that likes to see what grade I have throughout the semester so that I can keep working hard to make sure I keep a good grade in the class. One of my fears is that with the grading being different,I will not be able to see how I am really ding in the class and that I might end up with a lower grade than I was hoping to get. At the same time, not being graded on every little thing is a relief because I had teachers that even when I would do what I was suppose to and get it done early, I would not receive full credit and I got a grade that pretty much ruined my GPA for that semester. Another thing that is better about not being graded on every little thing is that it makes me want to work even harder than I normally would just to make sure I keep up with the work and do my best. I already like that you have to do everything on your own and you have to put the effort into it to understand how everything works. I do not like sitting in a lecture and just listen to the professor talk for an hour and then get tested on it. What I think would be the most difficult thing about this class is making sure I put enough time aside to get everything done and not procrastinate. There have been a couple of online classes that I procrastinated on and would do the last day we were able to get everything done. I have improved on not procrastinating as much, but considering that this class is during the summer and I love to go to the beach and travel during the summer it will be a little hard to make sure I get everything done before the last minute. The best way for me to address this difficulty is to try to stay ahead of the game and make sure I keep up with everything and get it done before the last day. If I actually start on an assignment early I will be able to keep up with it and get it done. One thing I have learned is that if I get something done early, I will have more time afterwards to enjoy and if I think of something that I could have messed up on, then I can go back and fix it. If I wait until the last minute I do not get the chance to go back and fix what I messed up on.

2 comments:

  1. "... it was alot of work and it took more time than usual classes do." Those are "bad things"?

    "... I am really ding in the class…" doing, not ding

    If you use rubrics you should know your grade. You should be prepared to use rubrics and provide grades. That is going to be an essential part of your profession!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who has taken this class before I understand a lot of the things you are saying. Just turn your work in on time and do it correctly and you will do fine!

    ReplyDelete